RiteHite’s welding department manager needed to find a vastly different welding process with customized clamping system in place.
They wanted to establish two full interchangeable welding set ups for rapid production, using both units in one production area.
We invited them to our production showroom to view a customized clamping solution based on their project drawings. With the help of our engineering partner we developed two interchangeable clamping solutions that worked in conjunction with Forster’s modular welding t-slot table surface.
- Increase productivity by overhauling their welding workstations and equipment.
- Client had limited space to install new workstations.
- Production was increased by installing 2 workstations in the same welding area.
- Welding set up time was increased by 40%.
This client’s engineering department was tasked with improving the company’s welding setup time and efficiency.
The welders we spending too much time re-positioning and re-measuring their projects with poor tooling. They needed to find a solution that would meet their ROI number, get projects out the door, and reduce errors. They wanted to install equipment in all areas of production to meet their goal.
- This client needed to improve overall welding setup and efficiency of welding projects.
- Client had an ROI goal that needed to be met.
- In 2 months this client determined that they are saving an hour per shift.
- The ROI for their new equipment is just 3.1 months.
This client was having trouble meeting their completion standards and production deadlines using the equipment they had.
They have installed a total of 4 new welding tables designed to meet their versatile welding needs, this saves them 25hrs. per base.
Read PDBlowers Non-Elevated Steam Base Time Study Here (.PDF)
- Client was behind in production to meet their completion standards.
- They were using hole patterned weld tables and saw horses with basic clamps to set up/weld their versatile projects.
- This client improved their welding time per base by 25 hrs, essentially a 100 hr improvement in productivity.
- They continue to increase their efficiency requirements by employing additional Forster Products.